Monday, October 4, 2010

Clothing Optional

I went to a hot springs resort the other day. One of the features were Geo-Thermal Cave Baths. These cave baths are gender separated and happen to be clothing optional. This was my first time in a clothing optional place and I had expected the ratio of non-nude to nude would be about 50/50. Nope. That was not the case at all. In fact, myself and my friend were the only ones wearing anything. I actually was starting to feel out of place.

The nudity didn't bother me though. In fact, I was extremely cool with it. What surprised me was the... oh, how should I say it... state of lawn maintenance some of these women had. I mean, not even twenty feet in I encountered a lady laying down by the baths that must have been hiding a forest in her pants. If I had my glasses on, I bet I could have seen birds flying out of there.

I got a chance to speak with my friend later on the issue. Me (complete with graphic hand motions): "Did you see that lady when we walked in? It was like BAM! BUSH!" My friend: "I know, right? And I had my contacts on. I saw every detail." An interesting thing I should point out is we weren't actively trying to look at the nude people but we couldn't help it. I can only attribute this to our lack of exposure to nude strangers.

The icing on the cake however was a quite animated conversation in the locker rooms with one of the women participating sans clothes. We talked about boxing, computer jobs, carpel tunnel and ergonomic mice, and pet care all while she rested spread eagle in a chair with a droopy towel. Towards the end of our conversation she dressed and bid me goodbye. What intrigued me was how she seemed so much more natural in her own skin than in her clothes.

People have always amused me and I love to experience different things. The attitudes of those "letting it all hang out" were much more relaxed. I like people like that. Next time, I would like to go sans clothing. Just to see what it's like. :p

3 comments:

  1. Between the Shitty puns and hot spring bush your experiences and diatribe have warrented yourself a fan I look forward to reading your blog some more ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you Matt. :) I'm delighted to know someone out there thinks similarly to me. I believe this means we can safely move the world's Insane-O-Meter from yellow to orange.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post! You are too funny! I agree you should go sans clothing sometime! Experience is the spice of life! :-)

    ReplyDelete